Universal Yums - 250th July 4th Edition
It has been a real treat seeing videos of soccer fans touring around the country, trying the tastes of the U.S. Today, we celebrate the 250th Anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence, establishing the USA. This declaration stated that we were no longer subject to the monarch of Britain.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Over the course of the last 250 years, the relationship between the US and Great Britain has been mended, strained, mended again and so on. Like many relationships, there is a ebb and flow of emotions. Thankfully, the relationship has been strong enough to remain and support each other in times of crisis: WWI, WWII, 9-11 and more.
Many years ago, we visited London and visited many must-see monuments. At a little over 3 years old, Nicole got to see the Tower of London, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and the Crown Jewels. Upon seeing the jewels of the British Monarcy, much like Mary Catherine Galagher (Molly Shannon on Saturday Night Live), Nicole exclaimed and gestured, "I got to see the crown jewels!"
A few weeks ago, while I visited Nicole over Mother's Day weekend, we were able to taste the Universal Yums from Great Britain.
Happy 250th/July 4th to the USA!
I am grateful we have gotten passed the animosity of the past and look forward to continued relationship with Great Britain.


You guys are so fun!! From pickle chips to Carmel treats in one setting!
ReplyDeleteNext, try Grandma Ott’s vinegar pie!!
OMG! I remember that vinegar pie! Might have to try that next time we are together. Wonder where the recipe might be...
ReplyDeletePam sent me photo of her recipe!! I’ve got it somewhere.👀
Delete